Hi class,
Duck believes that when it comes down to judging how close we want to become with others we use what he calls filters. Its like the process of elimination. Duck's theory involves attraction and four filters or cues which are, sociological, preinteraction, interaction and cognitive cues. Honestly, the first thing I judge when it comes down to talking to a girl on that level is her appearance. She has to be beautiful. Also how she carries herself as a women is important when it comes down to her apperance. The next thing i judge is her personality. I am a very goofy, out going, talkative person that loves to have a good time, but can get serious when its needed. Now with that being said, she doesnt have to be as goofy as me, but she has to be able to hold a conversation. She has to be outgoing, fun loving, nice person. If she is not, then I will end up getting bored of her and then its on to the next. Lastly her morals, beliefs are very important as well when it comes down to me finding her to be attractive. I can deal with a girl with a bad attitude and thats always negative all the time.
Duck's theory makes sense to me, but I do not believe that I used his Sociological or Preinteraction to eliminate somebody. People say first impressions are everything, but I do not think its really fair to eliminate someone by first impressions. It is the second interaction with the person that should determine whether you eliminate them or not. Thats why people go on dates and things like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment