Saturday, July 28, 2012

Chapter 13 concept

Hi class,


A concept I found interesting was the survey research. Survey research is defined as "an investigator chooses a sample of people to question, decides what to ask and how to ask it, either in written or oral form". I found this concept to be interesting because I have done surveys multiple times as an assignment. I actually enjoy doing surveys because you get the privilege to hear a variety of opinions on the topic at hand. The first survey I was assigned to do was in 8th grade about which sport out of football, soccer, and baseball did the people in my age group prefer to be most interesting. I asked the ladies for their view point, but it was unsuccessful. The reason was because the majority of them did not care for sports or did not watch them. As a result of the survey, I noticed football was the most interesting, along came soccer, and finally baseball. Many guys had their own reason why they chose the sport they thought was most interesting, but I felt like the decisions were based off ethnicity. For example, the majority of the black males selected football to be more interesting, hispanics chose soccer; and an even mix of hispanics, cacasions, and blacks chose baseball to be more interesting. As an ending result, I was able to conclude with a variety of different perspectives. Everybody has their own opinions and surveys help obtain a well-rounded general idea overall.

1 comment:

  1. I really liked your post! Especially about the survey part regarding the girls and sports! I also think that survey research is interesting and had a class on it too. I think that surveys are also very important because they actually give the opinion of other people and lets the researcher know what is important and what is not. I think that surveys are also important because often times people do not want to give their real opinion in face to face interviews and once they see that the survey is anonymous, they will be more comfortable answering what they really feel. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete