Sunday, June 24, 2012

Chapter 5 concept

Hi class,

In this post I will talk about Emotional Expression. Emotional Expression is a non verbal style of communication that is in a way, more effective than verbal communication. Actions speak louder than words. When you are in a relationship and you haven't seen your spouse in a while, you start to miss them and it makes you kind of sad. Talking on the phone alone is good, but not enough to comfort you completely. You want to be held and just be around your spouse. So when you reunite, it feels great; you become happier after spending time, hugging and kissing and just being around each other. Also when you are in a relationship, saying I love you alone isn't good enough to prove to your spouse that that's how you really feel about them. You have to show it through your actions as well. Hugging, kissing, playing, gifts, nice little gestures are all nonverbal ways to show your spouse that you really care. Action speaks louder than words. I'm sure everybody agrees that it feels good to be held by the one that you love.


I found this bit of information useful and interesting just for the simple fact that its true. I'm sure everybody can agree and relate in some way.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sean,

    I liked the example, and can relate to it completely. Sometimes, words are just not enough. You can say "I'm sorry" as many times as you want, but unless you change what you did wrong, try to correct the situation, or show that you really mean it, "I'm sorry" just isn't enough. If you spill coffee on your boss' favorite shirt, saying "Sorry" and not doing anything might get you fired. Though, if you say "sorry" then go out and buy him a replacement (preferably of the exact same shirt), your job might not be in danger. Plus, you would be showing him that you are a responsible person, which then may land you a promotion (in an ideal world).

    Nice post.

    ReplyDelete